Thursday, December 4, 2014

Meet Taia Stevens - Playing Crooks

  I am Taia Stevens. I am 17 and the youngest member of this great cast. I caught the drama bug when I was 7.

  One thing I have always been passionate about was not being type cast. I want to be different and break boundaries. I was a bit hesitant about auditioning for Crooks, that is until I read the book. I fell in love with the strength of the character. I relate to Crooks being an outcast (who doesn't) yet want someone to be around. Who also doesn't love and being treated differently because of their body and skin.

  You could say the thing that attracted me most about Crooks is his subtle input into the story that sort of changes the feel. The character isn't there much but when he is it impacts the reader or viewer in a strong way.

  To say I am excited is an understatement. I am thrilled to add a another female perspective on this classic Steinbeck play and character

-Taia Stevens

No comments:

Post a Comment